Well, here we are again, June 15th. 15 years ago a little demon came into my life, I guess she was pretty cute, but who knew how much she would change my life. Tormenting me, whining, and getting me in trouble but overall becoming one of the people I love the most and wouldn't change for the world. You can't choose family, but I wouldn't choose anyone else.
And now that you're 15 a lot more responsibilities come your way. You will soon be going off to drivers ed to get your permit (oh god, everyone stay off the roads). Don't ask me to ride with you, it is so not happening. You are also heading into your second year of high school, keep up those good grades pal. You got three more years until you're officially an adult, so have fun now, cause it won't be all sunshine and rainbows after that. You now have to start thinking about what you want to do with your life. But this is your time to live, and don't kill me mom, but don't get work a lot Shaylee. Once college hits you'll never stop.
Now, for 15 years of life, I will give you 15 tips.
1. No dating. For at least three years, minimum. I'm not ready for that. I don't care if you are. My sanity is more important. Plus, I have high standards for you and highly doubt anyone will live up to them.
2. Always be you. Don't even change yourself to fit in.
3. Love yourself for who you are. Never hate who you are or the way you look. You are a beautiful person inside and out.
4. Love your family. We may be annoying, but we will be the ones to always have your back.
5. Never be afraid to say no. Don't let anyone pressure you into doing something.
6. Quality not quantity with friends. You may lose some in the coming years, but the ones who are there in the end are the ones who are your true friends.
7. Don't be afraid to try new things. But be smart about it! The only regrets you will have are the steps you didn't take.
8. Be kind to everyone. You never know when someone will come back into your life and show you the kindness you showed them.
9. Eat all the ice cream.
10. Be nice to me. Otherwise no more adventures for you.
11. Always pursue your dreams. Never let go of your passions. Always do what makes YOU happy. No body else.
12. Keep letting me take your pictures. You are my favorite subject.
13. Keep being your goofy self. You brighten so many people's day and can always put a smile on someone's face. Unless your being mean, then you can make someone cry.
14. Remember that I will always be here for you, through your highest highs and your lowest lows, I will always be by your side cheering you on and supporting you.
15. You will move mountains. You are so strong, so smart, and so driven. You will succeed. I have high expectations for you and cannot wait to see what you do with your life. But stop growing up, cause it makes me sad.
Happy Birthday! I love you <3 Also. Does she not have hair goals?!
Want to book a session? Contact me at email@example.com